The Italian Folk art set is a set of 5 unique prints in naive style. With bright colors and beautiful, intricate details.
Sold as prints; limited edition.
The originals, hand-painted pieces, are created with ink, watercolor & gouache on cold pressed paper. This collection is ideal as a set, with warm colors, earthy tones and special meanings behind each piece (read on below). Choose this piece as a unique gift or as a perfect addition to your home.
Available Print Sizes:
A5 14.8 x 21cm (5.8 x 8.3 in)
A4 21 x 29.7cm (8.3 x 11.7 in)
Custom size? Contact me!
Your prints are made to order, individually reproduced from the original pieces on premium watercolor paper. Each piece is signed by the artist, then carefully packaged in a protective sleeve and sent out to you within 3 business days!
*Please note each print comes UNFRAMED. Colors may vary due to screen resolution.
The Italian Folk Art Set:
1. "Coccinella" - The ladybird is considered a porta fortuna – the bearer of good luck.
2. "Uccello" - The bird symbolises peace
3. "Corniccello" - The chili pepper symbolises a "little horn", worn to protect against the evil eye (or malocchio in Italian) and bad luck in general, and, historically, to promote fertility and virility.
4. "Luna" - The moon is a symbol of the spiritual aspects of femininity, such as intuition, creativity and wisdom. Also said to represent youthfulness and fertility.
5. "Cimurata" - Italian lucky charms, made to look like branches, are worn around the neck or hung above an infant's bed to ward off evil.